Publish to FS4SP Tutorial (Aspire 2)
For Information on Aspire 3.1 Click Here
Step 1: Launch Aspire and open the Content Source Management Page
Launch Aspire (if it's not already running). See:
Step 2: Create a new Content Source
For this step please follow the step from the Configuration Tutorial of the connector of you choice, please refer to Connector list.
Step 3: Add a new Publish to FS4SP to the Workflow
To add a Publisher to FS4SP drag from the Publish to FS4SP rule from the Workflow Library and drop to the Workflow Tree where you want to add it. This will automatically open the Publish to FS4SP window for the configuration of the publisher.
Step 3a: Specify Publisher Information
In the Publish to FS4SP window, specify the connection information to publish to FAST Search for SharePoint content distributor service.
- Enter the name of the publisher. (This name must be unique).
- Enter the description of the publisher that will be shown in the Workflow Tree.
- Enter the Fast Server (Content distributor): Fully Qualified Domain Name and port.
- Enter the Fast Collection to publish the content to.
- Enter the Keystore Location. See Generating Certificates for Secure Communications to FS4SP for more information on how to create the certificate.
- Enter the Keystore Password.
- Enter the Max Batch Size (10 by default).
- Enter the Max Batch Timeout (10 min by default - 60000 seconds).
- Enter the location of the Properties Mapping File.
- Debug: Check if you want to run the publisher in debug mode.
- Click on the Add button.
Once you've clicked on the Add button, it will take a moment for Aspire to download all of the necessary components (the Jar files) from the Maven repository and load them into Aspire. Once that's done, the publisher will appear in the Workflow Tree.
For details on using the Workflow section, please refer to Workflow introduction.