Download Install (Aspire 2)
For Information on Aspire 3.1 Click Here
You must register before downloading Aspire.
Registration will also give you access to pre-built binaries and the Search Technologies' Maven repository for downloading dozens of useful Aspire components. Do it! It's easy.
Please visit the Registration page to register.
Once you are registered, if you are new to Aspire consider reading Aspire Basic tutorial. Or if you have previous experience, the following two methods will allow you to get a copy of the Software:
To get started, you will need:
- Java 1.6 (up to Aspire 2.1.2) or Java 1.7 (From Aspire (2.2 Release) and future releases) - Installation Instructions
- A computer with a connection to the internet
- Note: See Creating Distributions for Machines with No Internet Access if this is not the case.
We also strongly recommend:
- Maven command-line - Installation Instructions
There are two ways you can download Aspire:
- Downloading a pre-built distribution.
- Using the Aspire Maven Distribution Archetype
Method 1: Basic Method Download with Pre-Built Binaries
A pre-built distribution of Aspire can be downloaded from https://wiki.searchtechnologies.com/binaries/.
You must be registered to access the binaries download page. Go to http://aspire.searchtechnologies.com to register.
This distribution contains pre-built binaries for a functioning Aspire installation which works for both Windows and Linux.
The latest Aspire 2 version is 2.2.2.
Once you have downloaded Aspire, do the following:
- Extract the contents of the zip or tar file into a directory
- Edit and save the setting.xml file in the /Conf directory to change the default settings for username and password
<remoteRepository> <id>stPublic</id> <url>http://repository.searchtechnologies.com/artifactory/simple/community-public/</url> <user>YOUR ASPIRE ACCOUNT USERNAME</user> <password>YOUR PASSWORD</password>d></remoteRepository> </remoteRepositories>
- Open a command prompt and set your current directory to the directory where you put the Aspire Software
- Launch Aspire
- Windows: bin\startup.bat
- Linux: bin\startup.sh
- Go to http://localhost:50505 in a web browser to get started
See Launching Aspire (Aspire 2) for more details.
Method 2: Advanced Method with Maven and the Aspire Distribution Archetype
We understand that it requires a little more effort (it requires the Maven command-line tool, and there are a couple of extra steps), however it has added flexibility including:
- The ability to build distributions for computers without an internet connection
- The ability to build multiple distributions for multiple environments (e.g. development, staging, QA, and production environments)
- The ability to bundle your applications
For complete instructions, see Quick Start with Distribution Archetype.
Upgrading to a later version
If you've chosen to upgrade to a later version, the instructions for changing your distribution to use it are here.