Aspire for Hadoop Installation Pre 2.2 (Aspire 2)
For Information on Aspire 3.1 Click Here
Supported versions of Hadoop
The current version of Aspire for Hadoop runs on a CDH4 (Cloudera’s Distribution Including Apache Hadoop) cluster.
To install a CDH4 cluster, follow Cloudera's CDH4 Installation Guide.
Download the aspire-for-hadoop-2.2.2.zip distribution. These files will be used during the installation.
Install Aspire for Hadoop
- Extract the content of aspire-for-hadoop-2.0.zip file. The top level folder has the following internal structure:
- felix.properties file is a modified version from the original Aspire Distributions and can be found here: felix.properties.
- Copy this folder to every task tracker node of the Hadoop cluster.
- Set read permissions over the whole aspire-for-hadoop-2.0 folder for the user running the Hadoop task trackers.
- sudo chgrp -R hadoop-group /path/to/aspire-for-hadoop-2.0
- sudo chmod -R +r /path/to/aspire-for-hadoop-2.0
- Aspire for Hadoop is ready to run. See Aspire Components for Hadoop and Developing Aspire Solutions with Hadoop for more information on how to run Map/Reduce jobs based on Aspire configurations.